Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

I'm a Barbie Girl

I have two commissions due very soon, and they are easy goals because I HAVE to finish them. Both are for little girls' birthdays, and I don't want them to cry because their quilts aren't finished. Here is Ashlynn's:

Chevrons with a large white A, ready to be quilted.
And here is Addison's (not my Addison, Candy's):

The border fabric has Barbie sentiments. White triangles are prairie points.
These two will be in the mail first thing Monday morning. I continue to juggle my various summer tasks; garden tending, housekeeping, pet exercising, and of course, lots of sewing. When other people say they don't have time to sew, and will do it when they retire, I say, pshaw! If you want to do it, make the time. Retirement gets busy in a different way and it is important to be creative NOW.

Another goal, not for anyone but myself, is the Modern Quilt Guild Michael Miller Challenge. As a member, I was given a pack of 6 ~ 1/8ths and a goal to make anything quilted by July 25th. Three winners get monthly fabric for a year. Here are the luscious fabrics, along with 2 pieces of Michael Miller fabric I chose to go with:

I thought I'd like the creamsicle better, but the army green seems better to me. Surprise!
And, a few lovely photos of peonies from my garden. The silly deer don't like them but they are among my favorite flowers. They have been in their current spot for three years, and are finally feeling ready to party.

Single red with yellow center.

Sarah Bernhardt spicy dramatic double bloom.
Happy summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment