Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Catch the Hatch!

This morning on our walk, Abby and I found things to be very happy about. I found the sweetest wild roses with their scent melting into the air, and Abby found a glove in the creek. It was fun for her to shake, and I liked the spray of water that she got all over me. Felt refreshing on a very warm summer day. I found pea pods and blooming choricero peppers in my garden, too. Yesterday I turned over a rock to check on a praying mantis egg case, and was delighted to catch the babies hatching. Each little prayer baby was about 1/4 inch long, and a camouflage tan color. A little while later they had scattered. I was lucky to catch the hatch! For this month's "Lovely Year of Finishes" goal, I am going to complete a Quilt of Valor project that I started at retreat in April. I want to machine applique yellow stars, and sew red rick rack on the top, and then machine quilt it. The quilt guild is presenting 23 quilts to veterans in Riggins later this month. Here is a photo of the top in progress: A Lovely Year of Finishes

1 comment:

  1. that is so cool! Congrats on your new little garden helpers. :)

    ReplyDelete