Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

October Bites the Dust

And here it is, All Hallow's Eve... and a Friday night, too... It has been a productive month here in my sewing loft. I completed my goals for the Lovely Year of Finishes, and for the Quilt Auction, too. A few highlights of the auction:

Jeanne Dyer's gourd masterpiece

Tresa Shearer, Auctioneer, and the auction set up

Marcie and I show a Quilt of Valor

I explain Operation Kid Comfort and show an example

Amy and Ruth compare stitches 
 I wish my donations brought in more cash, but the crowd favorites are quilts with wildlife panels. Duly noted. Wall hangings of panels and wool applique crafts are other favorites. Just getting through it, as one of the worker bees was a satisfying accomplishment.

Now I can focus on holiday sewing, and the myriad December birthdays that I will commemorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment