Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012



   Living in an RV is cozy. Very cozy. It makes the new home look huge when in fact it is small by new American home standards. (1000 sq ft main floor, and 450 sq ft loft.) This morning I am meditating on the things for which I am grateful. I have a warm, safe cozy place to live. The new home will have a sewing loft about 4 times the size of my current abode! I will be set up in it within 2 months.  It will be spacious, full of natural light, and away from sleeping men and dogs, who should be left alone.
   At the moment I am perched on the edge of the couch/bed typing into the laptop on a folding TV tray. Mike and Abby(the dog) are asleep in the bed on which I perch. Mike has had a bad GI flu with aches, fever, and diarrhea for 7 days, and I am being quiet so he can sleep. I'd love to be sewing right now, I have 2 quilts that need to be finished on the machine. They will have to wait until maybe later today if Mike is outside or at least awake, and the bed folded up. I have hand sewing to do (always!) and can work on that for now. BUT! When I can go to my sewing loft at any hour of the day or night and not bother Mike, I hope I remember how lucky I am and how much I want to sew!! And I intend to get a lot done with the new space. By then I intend to have the rocks dug out of the garden so I'll have more sewing time, too.
   Many, many women I meet say they don't have time to sew/quilt because they work, have kids, no space, etc.. I have always asserted that I made time despite work and kids, because it is a priority and it is my sanity saver. I will have more time later this year, but I find time now... while we watch a movie at night, on drives..  and now it is time to get to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment