Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Retro Visions

 September is a busy time of changes, whether you are going back to school or back to work after summer off, or harvesting and preserving and moving the beauty of a garden into the pantry.  Our local quilt guild takes the summer off and now is gearing up for the annual quilt auction ~ our big fund raiser for community benefits and our spring retreat. My UFO for this month is a set of batik paper pieced pine trees, made by guild members at last April's retreat. They need to be made into a table runner or wall hanging for the auction.  It will probably take a day to complete this little project, if I skip the avoiding and staring dreamily and just get 'er done.  Here are the trees:

These trees remind me of aluminum Xmas trees of the 60's, with the rainbow lighting.
One thing I have learned about paper pieced blocks: don't remove the paper until they are sewn to their lattices or adjoining blocks. They have lines that make joining super simple. 

2 comments:

  1. These are some of the nicest pine trees I've seen. Very fun! They will become a beautiful runner or wall hanging. I hope you'll post a photo when you've finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your trees! You did a really nice job with your paper piecing. I am still practicing that skill.

    ReplyDelete