Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Embellish Your Life

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 I just bought a wonderful fiber embellishing kit from my daughter Diane's etsy shop, Russet Lodge Knits. The cost was $4.99, plus S&H. Here is what she has to say about the kit: "This embellishing kit has everything you need to make your needlework shine! It includes five yard skeins of various yarns including mohair, synthetic, wool, silk, and even some of my handspun. The kit also includes a selection of vintage buttons as well as various seed beads of different shapes and sizes. This kit is perfect for wool applique, embroidery, quilting, doll-making, and many other crafts. If you would like more of any of the materials or a custom set of colors or materials, please message me. I love custom work!" I recently learned about wool applique and fancy embellishing, and this kit is just the ticket. My latest trick is a wool felting kit, and I used some of Diane's handspun fibers to fancy up the felt. I love this embellishing kit. It has individually wrapped fibers, rather than other shops' method of twisting them all together. By wrapping them separately it minimizes tangles. I am eager to try laying the bulkier fibers on fabric, and zig-zagging the fibers to the base fabric. For my recent commission, Healing Prayer Flag," these fibers will beautify the wintery/watery elements, and as Diane promised, my needlework will shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment