Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Keep Making Stuff

I spent today relaxing and pondering, as Mr. Thimblepie and I ran errands to McCall and puttered around our place. I didn't finish anything today, but I worked on my Sue Spargo tote. I ordered some handles for the tote on etsy and they arrived today. They were only $5 and $2 postage. Exciting! Tomorrow is the monthly meeting of the Pinehurst Quilt Guild. My term as president will start. I am thinking about the year to come, and what my term will be like. I am following a very organized and involved gal, who planned classes for each month. I like that idea, and lots of the others do, too. I like the way the group runs, with lots of community service and mutual appreciation. I'd like to see more sharing of ideas, and talents. I'd like to find out what the tastes and favorites of each lady are... I wonder if fabric exchanges would go. Or, round robin projects... Maybe a questionnaire is in order... Another new chapter for me is collaborating with my sister. She is leaving accounting, and expanding her long arm quilting business to full time. We had such fun during her recent visit, taking a class together, and working on several projects in tandem... that we are already scheduled to take a class next April from Gwen Marston in Port Gamble, followed by the spring retreat at Camp Huston near Monroe, WA. We are making a quilt together for the Chesterfield Foundation Memorial Day auction: a Trip Around the World. I pieced the trip, Pam pieced the borders. She is quilting it on her long arm. We are traveling together for Memorial Day to Chesterfield. Yay! Road Trip! I look forward to brainstorming and coming up with lots of fun ideas and projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment