Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fresh Modern February Finish

A Lovely Year of Finishes This month's project for the Lovely Year of Finishes Challenge was a baby quilt for my great niece, Lauren Olivia Jensen, born in May 2012. Her modern mommy decorated the nursery in grey, lavender, and light green. My challenge was to create a baby quilt in those colors, in a very simple and modern pattern. I made a first try in a busy pattern called "X- Block" using floral jelly strips. It did not look good. Way too busy. I seldom throw fabric away, but this went in the garbage. I put the project idea in time out during the holiday sewing frenzy. This finishing challenge pushed me to get er done. So, here it is: I hope she likes it.

4 comments:

  1. A really nice girlie color palette -- yet modern baby. I like how you share the quilting on the back. Very nice. Lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely colors. What a great finish! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt! Sure to please Mommy and baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are all so pretty, and your quilting makes such a great pattern on the back! I really like the strip of little squares you put in there.

    ReplyDelete