Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

February First

A Lovely Year of Finishes
I have been sewing up a storm around here. I have cleaned the lint from my sewing machine so often that I actually lost my lint brush. True story, it fell into my machine through an opening, and try as I might, it won't come out. I thought I heard it fall out when I turned the machine upside down and shook it, but I can't find it on the floor. Unless it fell into a crevice between the OSB and the insulation, it is stuck in the machine innards. The machine seems to work as well as ever.

Here is my first February UFO, for the Lovely Year of Finishes Contest:

 My challenge was to make a baby quilt in lavender, grey, and light green. The baby this is intended for, Lauren Olivia Jensen, was born last spring, that is, 2012.

From Mary Hickey's book, "Sweet and Simple Baby Quilts."
I decided to make two quilts and offer one on my etsy shop.
Here are the tops, ready to baste and then quilt. I found some vintage (read, old) pale eggplant purple for the inner border, and the outer grey border is an African fabric from Bozeman, MT, circa 1996.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful combination of colours - you've gone with something a wee bit different and nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the purple and chartreuse is a very modern looking combination. They turned out really nice! You are sure keeping busy. hope you find your lint brush....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete