Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Birthday Greetings

On the Salmon River, it has been a tradition to make group gifts for the milestone years. Our sweet and super creative friend, Sue Anderson, who lives up at Yellow Pine Bar Ranch with her companion Greg Metz, will be turning 50 on Earth day this year. The group effort is to make prayer flags for Sue to hang in her awesome garden. Last year I mended some tattered prayer flags for Sue. I am so excited to see the finished group effort and I wish I could see Sue's face when she opens the grand surprise. Here are my/our flags: They have a 3/4 inch sleeve for stringing. Bells will be hung between the flags. Mine are 6 " x 8 " and faced with muslin for durability. It was quilted with black metallic thread to catch the sunlight. The hanging beads were found at a thrift shop, the pieced suns were from a long ago retreat, and the letter beads have been waiting in my craft box for oh so long... I am quite pleased with the result.

1 comment: